Friday, November 4, 2011

Years 9 - the young days

"Will these memories fade as I leave this town?"

Good question. Year 9 was a blast! Even though I had been living in Upper Hutt for about five years at that stage, and had been going to school up here for two years, I still felt outta place. I knew people, but didn't *know* people. I could recognise people on the street, but knew they knew nothing about me - I was the biggest outsider in a community I had been in for nearly half my life, at that stage.

Yet, in Year 9, things picked up. I'll never forget walking into J-WS, thinking WHAT THE FUCK THIS CLASS IS THE RANKEST THING EVER!!! /fail P-block. I already had an enemy in there thanks to the year before, but we put that aside and I got used to the 5 other people around me.

Next was science with Miss Bradshaw (HAHAHA). Walking into that class provided me with the relief I was craving: I had a friend (one of my best friends) in the class! Rowan Weaver. We sat and glared at the rest of the room, thinking of people we recognised, and the awkward Fergy people we didn't know from a bar of soap. Even though we didn't know anyone, It still felt... Right? I dunno the words, but I knew these would be the people that, in the end, would truly matter.

Now, travelling around the school made me realise a lot of stuff. One, there are sluts. Many.
Two, Year 13 guys were HOT! .... From what I remember. O_o

But anyway.... Moving on
A few classes later came PE with Mr Wyeth. Here started the "name games" we played to build up a sense of comradery. Rules were simple: You say your name, and a food you love. As my turn came around I said like an absolute retard, "My name's Daniel, and I like Salami". But, instead of teasing me for having a high-pitched retard voice, everyone went, "Hi Daniel!" 'Twas nice! I remember others (Ahem, "I'm Katie and I like pasta") and this made the class unwind to a nice unit.

Then, the day I still remember vividly. Walking into Japanese for the first time. Monday, first period, E9, in 2007. As soon as the door opened, I knew this was it. I had already fallen in love, even though I knew nothing about anything that lay ahead. I remember sitting down with an awkward girl with a headband (:P) an Asian who had the same phone as I did, and a white guy I recognised as Helen's friend from Maidstone. My urges told me to rush over to Erin, who I instantly clicked with the year prior. But the labels on the desk were pretty specific, so I stayed put. I searched around and realised I actually knew a lot of names in the class from Maidstone, but again, I knew they wouldn't know me.

So, first up Miss Hawes handed out a questionnaire. I filled it in with the most BASIC answers ever - as you'd expect a year 9 to do. I had shit spelling (Japanise wtf?) and my writing style hasn't changed one bit. O___O

Then, again, we played another name game. I could continue for hours about Japanese class, but I won't. I'll move on to ENGLISH!

I knew I was a shit speller, so I was dreading this. Didn't help that our teacher was a bit (understatement) weird. But after reading "The Makutu on Mrs Joans", I got over it.

And then there was lunch. All my Maidstone friends melded into one MASSIVE group on the first day. It was AMAZING! Too bad it didn't last very long, huh? Cause they were the coolest people ever! XD Okay, on to...


********TIME SKIP*********

Okay, so I had been at school for about a month. Favourite classes: Japanese, Social Studies, Science. Other subjects: English, Maths and ICT.
Speaking of which, this was the day I shat myself (not literally!!!!). I slept in, and in a rush to Ms Yurokova's class, ended up late by about 5 minutes. I was hoping she'd be lenient, but alas, I was sent to the office, and got my first detention. Ever. So, I had a teacher on the hitlist... and what's worse is that no one was even at the detention! D: Waste of time much?

3 months in... The class was used to us all, and even though mini-cliques were being formed, we still included everyone in everything. This was the time the personal jokes started. From "Yune" to ..... shit, have forotton all of them. :s Nah, there must be more. XD Just haven't yet thought of them.

Well, half the year goes by, and I start really get a swing on life. Never got lossed anymore, and had solid friends that I knew wouldn't let me down. Then term three came along.... Music term. FUCK MUSIC. I hated Ms Owen so much, she was a bad teethed lesbian freak that chucked me on xylophone - no shit! D:
I mean, I got excellence on it, but only when we had a student teacher.... XD

So, the way I lived in Year 9 actually continued this way for the rest of the year. Prizegiving came along - Junior prizegiving that is, and I got a merit award for 9D. XD I also got an excellence certificate in Social studies, Japanese, ICT, Music and Maths. I got Merit in English, I think, and I got basic, boring achieved in PE/Health.

So.... yeah, that's it really. Stay tuned for Year 10, the contriversial year! D;

No comments:

Post a Comment